- A Fresh Approach to Embroidering
- Inspiring Talks and Activities at KW|AG
- The Mapping of a Quest
- Ever-growing Cities, Doughnuts & Silly Faces…Oh My!
- Meeting People is Easy!
- UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
- Art Affects Everyone.
- PD Day Camp at KWAG!
- “Imagine a city where…” by Nicole Neufeld, Director of Public Programs
- Hopelessly Devoted @ KW|AG
- KW|AG is hiring for two summer positions! What a great way to gain experience working in a gallery. details here: ow.ly/lkZFy 10 hours ago
- Get experience. The deadline to apply to be an intern through the Canadian Conservation Institute is coming up - ow.ly/lirIk 13 hours ago
- Let your kids' imaginations run wild at KW|AG's summer art camp. What summer is all about. ow.ly/lg3pR 19 hours ago
- The old flooring in the Community Access Space is gone and we are getting ready to start installing the new flooring, exciting! 20 hours ago
- Summer will actually happen this year! Sign up the kids for Summer Art Camp, they will love you forever for it. ow.ly/lg3am 1 day ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: August 2010
‘Fury’, a sculpture by Walter Bachinski descended into the bowels of kw|ag today, with a little help from the kw|ag team – our Registrar Cindy led the charge with installation gents Ian and Gareth plus the multi-talented Matt, our graphic … Continue reading
Scott Adam wrote on his Dilbert blog, “‘We’re funny that way. We assume our personal preferences are the standard by which all art should be judged.” In other words I like, what I like, because I like it. Simple. But … Continue reading
Author Iris Nowell delivered a copy of her new book “Painters 11: The Wild Ones of Canadian Art” to KW|AG today. Inside, Nowell recounts the life and work of Painters 11, a feisty band of Toronto artists who rose to … Continue reading
Serial kw|ag educator Steve Lavigne is showcased in the group exhibition “Here, There and Nowhere,” at the Katharine Mulherin Contemporary Art Project in Toronto. Steve’s work comes from a new series of drawings and collages inspired by architectural illustrations and … Continue reading
kw|ag received this from AKIMBO this morning and couldn’t resist passing it on. It isn’t everyday that you see this type of request, especially for nuit blanche (oct 2), an event that we love! Pass it on… WANTED: Actors who … Continue reading
We’re excited. The accompanying catalogue to the A Nervous Decade traveling, solo exhibition of works by Canadian painter, John Kissick has arrived at KW|AG. The lush catalogue published by kw|ag and the Kelowna Art Gallery features works from the show in … Continue reading
Joseph Fung, a member of kw|ag’s Board of Directors, current Director of IT & Collaboration Strategies at CIGI and entrepreneurial man about town spotted these fantastic 3D Art works made with old pulp fiction book covers. Created by American artist … Continue reading
Shirley Thomson, former head of the National Gallery of Canada and an extraordinary advocate for the arts in Canada passed away August 10th at the age of 80. “Shirley will be remembered with affection and respect by her colleagues at … Continue reading