- Everyday Artists Sketched the Day Away at the Second Draw-a-thon This Weekend
- Summer Reading List: “Under the Influence” with Jane Buyers
- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- KWAG is hiring a part-time preparator. Read the full posting here ow.ly/DtQvY Deadline for applications is Nov 6, 5 pm. 8 hours ago
- News from Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery #constantcontact conta.cc/1tmQO7l 8 hours ago
- Come to KWAG for the spooky edition of Show & Tell, tonight @ 7 pm. You can tell a story or come to listen. FREE ow.ly/DtLH1 12 hours ago
- Family Sunday, 1-4 pm. Drop-in and join in on the tin foil mask-making and so much more! @KitchLibrary will be here reading stories as well. 14 hours ago
- Wonderful to hear! RT @ZeniaHorton: Had a great time at the #teatasting at @kwartgallery . So much more than art... http://t.co/MXmjAKktJt 1 day ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: August 2010
‘Fury’, a sculpture by Walter Bachinski descended into the bowels of kw|ag today, with a little help from the kw|ag team – our Registrar Cindy led the charge with installation gents Ian and Gareth plus the multi-talented Matt, our graphic … Continue reading
Scott Adam wrote on his Dilbert blog, “‘We’re funny that way. We assume our personal preferences are the standard by which all art should be judged.” In other words I like, what I like, because I like it. Simple. But … Continue reading
Author Iris Nowell delivered a copy of her new book “Painters 11: The Wild Ones of Canadian Art” to KW|AG today. Inside, Nowell recounts the life and work of Painters 11, a feisty band of Toronto artists who rose to … Continue reading
Serial kw|ag educator Steve Lavigne is showcased in the group exhibition “Here, There and Nowhere,” at the Katharine Mulherin Contemporary Art Project in Toronto. Steve’s work comes from a new series of drawings and collages inspired by architectural illustrations and … Continue reading
kw|ag received this from AKIMBO this morning and couldn’t resist passing it on. It isn’t everyday that you see this type of request, especially for nuit blanche (oct 2), an event that we love! Pass it on… WANTED: Actors who … Continue reading
We’re excited. The accompanying catalogue to the A Nervous Decade traveling, solo exhibition of works by Canadian painter, John Kissick has arrived at KW|AG. The lush catalogue published by kw|ag and the Kelowna Art Gallery features works from the show in … Continue reading
Joseph Fung, a member of kw|ag’s Board of Directors, current Director of IT & Collaboration Strategies at CIGI and entrepreneurial man about town spotted these fantastic 3D Art works made with old pulp fiction book covers. Created by American artist … Continue reading
Shirley Thomson, former head of the National Gallery of Canada and an extraordinary advocate for the arts in Canada passed away August 10th at the age of 80. “Shirley will be remembered with affection and respect by her colleagues at … Continue reading