- Family Sunday Sneak Peek
- Black & Gold Gala 2013 Highlights
- Seeing is Believing…Or is it?
- KW|AG’s Black & Gold Gala is right around the corner!
- Culture Days at KW|AG
- Notes on ‘Circling the Inverse Square’
- Meet KW|AG’s new School Programs Coordinator.
- Summer Fun with KW|AG
- KW|AG’s Black & Gold Gala: The Anticipation Builds
- Off Topic with Morgan Mavis – Culture Cloaked in Skins: How Contemporary Art Brought Taxidermy Back from the Dead.
- RT @realjeffyoung: Drew Leith & The Foundation kicking off a rockin' #ChristmasFantasy presented by @davefmrocks in Victoria Park!... 8 hours ago
- THANK YOU to all of our KWAG volunteers, we couldn’t do it without you! #thebest #goodtimes #priceless #internationalvolunteersday 8 hours ago
- @KitchLibrary Always a pleasure, neighbour! We appreciate yours too :) 9 hours ago
- So magical! RT @KitchLibrary: #Kitchener City Hall 'a-glow' for the holidays (1924) ow.ly/i/3W9HI #ThrowbackThursday @CityKitchener 9 hours ago
- @carzoo VoCA interview w Warlus art dir. on their piece including Jessica Eaton; see her work @ KWAG thru Jan 5, 2014 ow.ly/rpuSg 12 hours ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: October 2010
KW|AG’s co-op student Marina channeled her own Close Encounter in anticipation of tonight’s free screening of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Although created in our kitchen, Marina’s interpretation of the popular locale was quite authentic. Continue reading
Have you come across one of Kitchener’s many public art installations and wondered about its origins and story? Developed for Magnetic North Theatre Festival, presented by the City of Kitchener and KW|AG and created by artist educator Nicholas Rees, this … Continue reading
It was really, really hard to go home empty handed at last night’s Black & Gold Gala. Between the swish weekend packages, gift certificates and wonderful art on offer, the evening was a blissful retreat into retail therapy and, as … Continue reading
On October 2nd, fans congregated to say good-bye to Product of Eden, a temporary outdoor exhibition by local artist Mary Catherine Newcomb. Featuring squash that were nurtured from seeds into baby-like creatures, Product of Eden saw Mary Catherine tending her … Continue reading
Last night’s Cultural Exchange at THEMUSEUM was a success with over 50 attendees. Candidates vying for regional council or wards 9 or 10 each presented a 3 minute speech, then joined one of the 10 + tables for a 3 … Continue reading
In 1985 Edward Burtynsky held his first solo show at KW|AG. Today he was named the biennial 2011 MOCCA Award in Contemporary Art Winner. Although not formally presented until April , the award celebrates Burtynsky’s “extraordinary body of photography that … Continue reading
Wendy Guymer-Tutt, one half of the Princess Cinemas team and a film studies scholar, talks to us about sci-fi, Bambi and escapism in advance of her introduction of KW|AG’s October 29th screening of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. What … Continue reading
This week the Gallery is gearing up for Thursday’s annual Black & Gold Gala. Every available nook and cranny is stuffed with live and silent auction items, programs, signs and boxes temptingly deemed as off limits. The Gala steering committee, … Continue reading
THEMUSEUM will host A Cultural Exchange with Regional Candidates from Kitchener and Ward 10 for an informal discussion of arts and culture on October 20th at 7 pm. Ten candidates have confirmed along with a stellar panel of special guests … Continue reading