- Everyday Artists Sketched the Day Away at the Second Draw-a-thon This Weekend
- Summer Reading List: “Under the Influence” with Jane Buyers
- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- KW|AG is open all day today. Check out Sarah Cale's stunning paintings in her 'into shards crude stars' @DTKitchener http://t.co/SJCn4VqbUW 21 hours ago
- W/ a telescope & private observatory tour, one far out auction package! #BlackandGold2015 ow.ly/QkrFn twitter.com/FriendsOfKWAG/… 1 day ago
- More and more studies prove that art reduces stress so take a break and head over to KW|AG! ow.ly/QhMlm #yourgallery #kwawesome 2 days ago
- What a great chance to learn more about your city! The next Architectural Walking Tour is Sun, Aug 30, 2-4 pm $10+HST ow.ly/Q8X2D 2 days ago
- Culture Days are coming soon! Find out what's lined up at KW|AG and plan to join in the activities. Details @ ow.ly/Q9bVp 3 days ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: October 2010
KW|AG’s co-op student Marina channeled her own Close Encounter in anticipation of tonight’s free screening of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Although created in our kitchen, Marina’s interpretation of the popular locale was quite authentic. Continue reading
Have you come across one of Kitchener’s many public art installations and wondered about its origins and story? Developed for Magnetic North Theatre Festival, presented by the City of Kitchener and KW|AG and created by artist educator Nicholas Rees, this … Continue reading
It was really, really hard to go home empty handed at last night’s Black & Gold Gala. Between the swish weekend packages, gift certificates and wonderful art on offer, the evening was a blissful retreat into retail therapy and, as … Continue reading
On October 2nd, fans congregated to say good-bye to Product of Eden, a temporary outdoor exhibition by local artist Mary Catherine Newcomb. Featuring squash that were nurtured from seeds into baby-like creatures, Product of Eden saw Mary Catherine tending her … Continue reading
Last night’s Cultural Exchange at THEMUSEUM was a success with over 50 attendees. Candidates vying for regional council or wards 9 or 10 each presented a 3 minute speech, then joined one of the 10 + tables for a 3 … Continue reading
In 1985 Edward Burtynsky held his first solo show at KW|AG. Today he was named the biennial 2011 MOCCA Award in Contemporary Art Winner. Although not formally presented until April , the award celebrates Burtynsky’s “extraordinary body of photography that … Continue reading
Wendy Guymer-Tutt, one half of the Princess Cinemas team and a film studies scholar, talks to us about sci-fi, Bambi and escapism in advance of her introduction of KW|AG’s October 29th screening of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. What … Continue reading
This week the Gallery is gearing up for Thursday’s annual Black & Gold Gala. Every available nook and cranny is stuffed with live and silent auction items, programs, signs and boxes temptingly deemed as off limits. The Gala steering committee, … Continue reading
THEMUSEUM will host A Cultural Exchange with Regional Candidates from Kitchener and Ward 10 for an informal discussion of arts and culture on October 20th at 7 pm. Ten candidates have confirmed along with a stellar panel of special guests … Continue reading