- A Fresh Approach to Embroidering
- Inspiring Talks and Activities at KW|AG
- The Mapping of a Quest
- Ever-growing Cities, Doughnuts & Silly Faces…Oh My!
- Meeting People is Easy!
- UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
- Art Affects Everyone.
- PD Day Camp at KWAG!
- “Imagine a city where…” by Nicole Neufeld, Director of Public Programs
- Hopelessly Devoted @ KW|AG
- Check out our PD Day Camp kids age 7-13 for the day, Fri May 31, and when they love it, sign them up for the summer! ow.ly/lktOI 5 hours ago
- Check out the exhib video for David R. Harper's "Entre le chien et le loup". Then see the work up close and in person ow.ly/lkrjK 9 hours ago
- Enjoy a tour of our exhibits AND free reception as part of our AGM evening, Mon May 27, 7 pm. Call to sign up. ow.ly/lg6vz 12 hours ago
- KW|AG is hiring for two summer positions! What a great way to gain experience working in a gallery. details here: ow.ly/lkZFy 1 day ago
- Get experience. The deadline to apply to be an intern through the Canadian Conservation Institute is coming up - ow.ly/lirIk 1 day ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: November 2010
A March sneak peek, from the 2011 Leejay Levene Calendar – now on sale at KW|AG and businesses across Kitchener-Waterloo. All proceeds from the calendar go directly to KW|AG. Learn more about the calendar, Leejay and see January’s preview>
During the course of the past corridor exhibition, Being Magnified: Heroes and Villains from KW|AG’s Permanent Collection, local conservator Jesse-Alan MacDonald volunteered to restore Walter Bachinski’s Fury sculpture in situ. Continue reading
By Wendy Guymer-Tutt ” So, wisdom drapes her truth with symbolism, and covers her insight with allegory. Creeds, rituals, poems are parables and symbols. The ignorant take them literally and build for themselves prison houses of words and with bitter … Continue reading
Beginning our preview of the art of the 2011 Leejay Levene Calendar is January, featuring Leejay Levene’s Landscpae (detail), created in 2002 with marker. “Upon seeing this piece, I was struck by both the artist’s strong and repetitive use of … Continue reading
After watching this YouTube video of suibokuga-style painting, sent to me by artist educator Kate Carder Thompson, I was hooked. The combination of physicality and artistic spontaneity plus a whole lot of ink is truly exciting. Suibokuga is a style … Continue reading
Meet the 101, Free-Admission’s newest feature. KW|AG staff have been issued a challenge – create an entry of 101 words that connects our current exhibitions’ themes with new perspectives and ideas. Taking its name from our address, 101 Queen St., … Continue reading
BOX 10 is coming! BOX 10, a juried art show and sale that showcases local artists and raises funds for organizations that make our Region a better place takes place November 13 & 14th at 51 Breithaupt St. (a soon … Continue reading
The 2011 Leejay Levene Calendar is the perfect hostess gift or stocking stuffer. Available at KW|AG and in businesses across KW, the $10 calendar is composed of 12 of Leejay’s works accompanied by quotes from both a famous artist and … Continue reading
Kitchener-Waterloo’s sci-fi/horror/undead fixation is continuing through November. Since the emergence of CAFKA‘s zombies at the Steel Rail Sessions, it looks like we just can’t get enough. To slake your thirst for truly great cinema, the following are opportunities for you … Continue reading