- Everyday Artists Sketched the Day Away at the Second Draw-a-thon This Weekend
- Summer Reading List: “Under the Influence” with Jane Buyers
- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- Culture Days are coming soon! Find out what's lined up at KW|AG and plan to join in the activities. Details @ ow.ly/Q9bVp 21 hours ago
- Job opp: RT @ONArtsCouncil: This could be the perfect job for you: Northeastern Representative. Apply by Aug 7, 2015 ow.ly/PXEba 21 hours ago
- RT @CityKitchener: Check out the Art Market at the #KitchenerMarket on Saturday with over 20 local vendors 11am-3pm: bit.ly/1h4Yw4i 22 hours ago
- Looking for a sure bet this long wknd? KW|AG has 4 fab exhibitions & as always, admission to the exhibs is free thx to @SunLife ! #kwawesome 23 hours ago
- Bead embroidery will take your projects to the next level. Register online or at the Gallery ow.ly/Q8WwR http://t.co/vcsbzVUbUL 1 day ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: March 2011
On Thursday, March 10th KW|AG held a pre-screening of not afraid to die, a video work by Vancouver-based artist Althea Thauberger. The event was organized by Wilfrid Laurier’s Cultural Studies in Action students as part of the university’s Community Service … Continue reading
by Crystal Mowry, Curator of Exhibitions and Collections Every other year the Open Ears Festival of Music and Sound transforms Kitchener into the place to be for ambitious aural experiments. Since 2001, KW|AG has partnered with the Festival to mount … Continue reading
It was a busy day at KW|AG. In celebration of our Spring 2011 Exhibitions we hosted an Opening Reception on Sunday, March 27th. The four new exhibitions; Expressions 36, our annual student show and its companion in|sight, our second community … Continue reading
Throughout our time volunteering and guest blogging for KW|AG, we have been able to attend many of the events held by the Gallery including: the Winter Exhibition Opening, Groundhog Day Meet-Up and Family Sunday. All of these events offered a … Continue reading
On April 16th, New Music at the Gallery performer Carl Testa is debuting a new piece with fellow Bruxism cohort Anne Rhodes – and you can be a part of it. Using the funding platform Kickstarter, which allows anyone to … Continue reading
Vancouver based artist Michelle Allard created her installation Materialscape during a 1 month residency at KW|AG in January. With the help of a small army of community volunteers, Michelle rolled 30,000 pieces of white office paper then, using cardboard boxes, … Continue reading
The smell of paint, the sound of band saws and new faces at the Gallery confirm that we are well into installation for our Spring exhibitions. At the start of day 2, the Eastman Gallery has been reconfigured with the … Continue reading
Yes, it is a cliché, but “spring has sprung” certainly best describes the activity at KW|AG this morning. As befitting the first full day of the new season, we are doing some serious spring cleaning, packing up our Winter Exhibitions … Continue reading
It was a dark and stormy night at the corner of Queen and Margaret. The lights were dimmed, and everything was prepared. Posters lingered in the halls of the University, and all there was to do was wait. Continue reading
On March 4th over 150 people attended a public celebration in honor of Director General Alf Bogusky’s decade of achievement and service at KW|AG. Patrons, supporters and V.I.Ps. voiced their appreciation during the evening which culminated in a champagne toast, generously sponsored by the Gamble Family. Continue reading