What a show! The opening reception for our two latest exhibits was a huge success.
Artists, art enthusiasts and the media came out to celebrate regional artists featured in the 5th Biennial and to muse over Jon Sasaki’s exhibit Good Intentions.
The night kicked off with remarks from board President Judith Stephens-Wells who invited people to check out the Gallery’s newest acquisitions for the permanent collection. They include March by Will Gorlitz and Moonlight on the Grand by Homer Watson. The latter now brings to 48 the number of works by Watson in our collection.
Executive Director Shirley Madill also spoke to the crowd, inviting everyone to mingle with the artists, enjoy the art and the evening.
Our twitter wall was up and running throughout the night with people posting their comments on the exhibit, including “Great pieces,” “Love the new Gorlitz,” and of course “Art is da bomb.” All in all it was a fabulous night as guests wandered through the exhibits and then joined the reception to chat over wine and hors d’oeurvres.
Thanks to everyone who made it out. And special thanks to BMO Financial, the Gallery’s Opening Receptions Sponsor, for making such a great evening possible.
- Everyday Artists Sketched the Day Away at the Second Draw-a-thon This Weekend
- Summer Reading List: “Under the Influence” with Jane Buyers
- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- Just a few spots left in KWAGs Winter Greenery Door Arrangement Wkshp. Register for this annual favourite! Register: ow.ly/EFPIh 5 minutes ago
- Find out what catches the eye of an artist as artist Christian Giroux shares his inspirations Thu, Nov 27, 7 pm, Under the Influence Talks. 22 hours ago
- KWAG has new workshops lined up to keep you creative throughout the winter: ow.ly/EFuHu . It's never too early to register! 1 day ago
- One spot left in KWAGs Bookbinding Wkshp on Sat Nov 29. Will you be the one to scoop it up? Info & registration here: ow.ly/EFOOp 1 day ago
- There's still time to register for tomorrow's Abstract Painting Wkshp. Learn new techniques from a practicing artist ow.ly/EFQe8 2 days ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region