What a show! The opening reception for our two latest exhibits was a huge success.
Artists, art enthusiasts and the media came out to celebrate regional artists featured in the 5th Biennial and to muse over Jon Sasaki’s exhibit Good Intentions.
The night kicked off with remarks from board President Judith Stephens-Wells who invited people to check out the Gallery’s newest acquisitions for the permanent collection. They include March by Will Gorlitz and Moonlight on the Grand by Homer Watson. The latter now brings to 48 the number of works by Watson in our collection.
Executive Director Shirley Madill also spoke to the crowd, inviting everyone to mingle with the artists, enjoy the art and the evening.
Our twitter wall was up and running throughout the night with people posting their comments on the exhibit, including “Great pieces,” “Love the new Gorlitz,” and of course “Art is da bomb.” All in all it was a fabulous night as guests wandered through the exhibits and then joined the reception to chat over wine and hors d’oeurvres.
Thanks to everyone who made it out. And special thanks to BMO Financial, the Gallery’s Opening Receptions Sponsor, for making such a great evening possible.
- Family Sunday Sneak Peek
- Black & Gold Gala 2013 Highlights
- Seeing is Believing…Or is it?
- KW|AG’s Black & Gold Gala is right around the corner!
- Culture Days at KW|AG
- Notes on ‘Circling the Inverse Square’
- Meet KW|AG’s new School Programs Coordinator.
- Summer Fun with KW|AG
- KW|AG’s Black & Gold Gala: The Anticipation Builds
- Off Topic with Morgan Mavis – Culture Cloaked in Skins: How Contemporary Art Brought Taxidermy Back from the Dead.
- RT @realjeffyoung: Drew Leith & The Foundation kicking off a rockin' #ChristmasFantasy presented by @davefmrocks in Victoria Park!... 9 hours ago
- THANK YOU to all of our KWAG volunteers, we couldn’t do it without you! #thebest #goodtimes #priceless #internationalvolunteersday 10 hours ago
- @KitchLibrary Always a pleasure, neighbour! We appreciate yours too :) 10 hours ago
- So magical! RT @KitchLibrary: #Kitchener City Hall 'a-glow' for the holidays (1924) ow.ly/i/3W9HI #ThrowbackThursday @CityKitchener 10 hours ago
- @carzoo VoCA interview w Warlus art dir. on their piece including Jessica Eaton; see her work @ KWAG thru Jan 5, 2014 ow.ly/rpuSg 13 hours ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region