What a show! The opening reception for our two latest exhibits was a huge success.
Artists, art enthusiasts and the media came out to celebrate regional artists featured in the 5th Biennial and to muse over Jon Sasaki’s exhibit Good Intentions.
The night kicked off with remarks from board President Judith Stephens-Wells who invited people to check out the Gallery’s newest acquisitions for the permanent collection. They include March by Will Gorlitz and Moonlight on the Grand by Homer Watson. The latter now brings to 48 the number of works by Watson in our collection.
Executive Director Shirley Madill also spoke to the crowd, inviting everyone to mingle with the artists, enjoy the art and the evening.
Our twitter wall was up and running throughout the night with people posting their comments on the exhibit, including “Great pieces,” “Love the new Gorlitz,” and of course “Art is da bomb.” All in all it was a fabulous night as guests wandered through the exhibits and then joined the reception to chat over wine and hors d’oeurvres.
Thanks to everyone who made it out. And special thanks to BMO Financial, the Gallery’s Opening Receptions Sponsor, for making such a great evening possible.
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- The Next Chapter: From Group of Seven to Painters 11
- Contemporary Art 101 – Aleesa Cohene talks about her process.
- Great Programs at KW|AG Ward off the Winter Blues.
- Creative Thinking Workshops at KW|AG
- Speed Networking at KW|AG – A Big Hit
- A Chat with Kate
- She's gonna love this! Mother's Day Tea: cupcakes, creativity and great art @ KW|AG. Perfect! Register here: ow.ly/vU2Gj 14 hours ago
- Find out about The BMO Project Room - an extension of the corporation’s ongoing mandate to support contemporary art making. Apr 23 @ 8 pm 18 hours ago
- Join the fun b4 Apr 27! RT @CultureSoupKW: Have you shared your inspiration with the world? @kwartgallery needs you! fb.me/6yblG7pJk 19 hours ago
- Dawn Cain, BMO's curator, talks about the Project Room gallery & the corporate collection, tonite, 8 pm, @ KWAG. FREE ow.ly/w374o 20 hours ago
- Catch Kent Monkman right now on CBC on Q with Jian Gomeshi! KWAG just recently added a piece by Monkman to our Permanent Collection. 20 hours ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region