- Everyday Artists Sketched the Day Away at the Second Draw-a-thon This Weekend
- Summer Reading List: “Under the Influence” with Jane Buyers
- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- Too soon to think about Summer? Think again! Registrations for Summer Art Camp @ KW|AG coming in fast! Get your spots ow.ly/LRMq5 7 hours ago
- RT @ContactPhoto: Save the date! The #CONTACTPhoto launch party is Friday May 1 at @mocca_to. 8 hours ago
- Spring flicks RT @CultureTrip: 12 Most Notable Films That Celebrate Art buff.ly/1vdOzCh #artfilm #modernart http://t.co/6uHdn1uy6j 10 hours ago
- RT @FriendsOfKWAG: #randomactofgenerosity from one of our KW|AG #donors - had $5 extra bucks & wanted to give it to us #thankyou #grateful 11 hours ago
- RT @grand_social: Tickets still available for the @Just_For_Laughs Roadshow @Centre_Square TONIGHT!!! buff.ly/1G0g2fb 11 hours ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Anyone who has viewed Jon Sasaki’s work knows it can be both hilarious and absurd at the same time. It can also leave you feeling a little anxious. As in 24 lb, (2006) the viewer is left wondering. The video shows … Continue reading
By Crystal Mowry, KW|AG’s Curator of Exhibitions and Collections Seeing work is a major part of my role at KW|AG. Though the Internet has made it possible to participate in meaningful activity (discourse, revolution, protest, art, etc.) without physically being … Continue reading
I’ve always thought that a big laugh is a really loud noise from the soul saying, “Ain’t that the truth.” ~Quincy Jones Jon Sasaki’s videos and installations are alternatively absurd, hilarious, and tragic which is how he intended them to … Continue reading
It is through generosity that great things are able to take place at the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery. One of those great things is our Summer Art Scholarship Program, which gives deserving youth the chance to attend Summer Art Camp. The … Continue reading
As part of Culture Days this fall the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery will be holding a Vault Tour. The tour will offer the public a backstage pass to our permanent collection. You’ll be able to see where we keep the 4,000 … Continue reading
Summer Art Camp is up and running with a whole slew of activities on the go. The first week brought in a group of focused young artists who were keen to try different art mediums. The result of their hard work was … Continue reading
The first round of the Alzheimer Society of Kitchener-Waterloo’s Gather at the Gallery program has wrapped up. School Program Coordinator and instructor Kate Carder-Thompson says the Gallery’s role in the program received resounding praise from all the participants – most … Continue reading
Members of Parliament and regional councilors recently stopped by the Gallery for a visit and behind-the-scenes tour with Executive Director Shirley Madill. Kitchener City Mayor Carl Zehr, Township of Wilmot Mayor Les Armstrong, Kitchener-Centre MPP John Milloy and Kitchener-Waterloo MP … Continue reading