- A Fresh Approach to Embroidering
- Inspiring Talks and Activities at KW|AG
- The Mapping of a Quest
- Ever-growing Cities, Doughnuts & Silly Faces…Oh My!
- Meeting People is Easy!
- UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL
- Art Affects Everyone.
- PD Day Camp at KWAG!
- “Imagine a city where…” by Nicole Neufeld, Director of Public Programs
- Hopelessly Devoted @ KW|AG
- Check out our PD Day Camp kids age 7-13 for the day, Fri May 31, and when they love it, sign them up for the summer! ow.ly/lktOI 5 hours ago
- Check out the exhib video for David R. Harper's "Entre le chien et le loup". Then see the work up close and in person ow.ly/lkrjK 9 hours ago
- Enjoy a tour of our exhibits AND free reception as part of our AGM evening, Mon May 27, 7 pm. Call to sign up. ow.ly/lg6vz 11 hours ago
- KW|AG is hiring for two summer positions! What a great way to gain experience working in a gallery. details here: ow.ly/lkZFy 1 day ago
- Get experience. The deadline to apply to be an intern through the Canadian Conservation Institute is coming up - ow.ly/lirIk 1 day ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Mark your calendar for this Saturday and explore the Scotiabank Nuit Blanche contemporary art event in Toronto. KW|AG Executive Director Shirley Madill has been busy this week in preparation for the event. Shirley is one of three curators and has put … Continue reading
It was a busy day and an even busier evening at KW|AG Friday. In celebration of our Fall 2011 Exhibitions, The Limits and We All Fall Down we hosted an Opening Reception. KW|AG Executive Director Shirley Madill kicked off the … Continue reading
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery welcomed a new Director of Public Programming this month – Nicole Neufeld. Nicole joins KW|AG from the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art in Toronto where she was the Head of Membership and Development. Now that we’ve got her…here’s … Continue reading
As part of Culture Days (Sept. 30 – Oct. 2) the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is playing host to a group of photographers who make up Waterloo-based foto-RE. Foto-RE will be at the Gallery on Friday from 10am-8pm and Saturday from 10am-8pm. The … Continue reading
Back by popular demand the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery AfterpARTY … and what a party it will be. KW|AG has four FREE parties planned from November, 2011 through May 2012 for Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony goers. The first is Friday, November 4, 2011 … Continue reading
The Contemporary Art Forum Kitchener and Area’s (CAFKA) fall biennial program, CAFKA.11. Survive. Resist. runs September 16 through October 2, 2011. The exhibition focuses on art in public spaces and includes a number of area artists who have also exhibited … Continue reading
By Crystal Mowry, KW|AG’s Curator of Exhibitions and Collections These days it seems that you cannot turn around without coming across a biennial art event. In the Waterloo Region alone we have several such events. Our own KW|AG Biennial (which … Continue reading
Congratulations from KW|AG to Canadian artist Scott Conarroe, who has been awarded the prestigious Duke and Duchess of York Prize in Photography for 2011. Scott’s work will be familiar to KW|AG visitors. One of his photographic and video works was … Continue reading