- Everyday Artists Sketched the Day Away at the Second Draw-a-thon This Weekend
- Summer Reading List: “Under the Influence” with Jane Buyers
- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- Have you RSVP'd for KW|AG's AGM this Thursday at 7 pm? Call Jennifer Laurie, 519-579-5860 ext 221 or email to email@example.com. 8 hours ago
- Even more motivation to go to galleries and look at art: twitter.com/sarahkernohan/… 11 hours ago
- RT @Boltmade: We'll be hosting #HackerNest KW at the office in two Mondays! Join us for a good ol' time. j.mp/1dvoywb 11 hours ago
- RT @KitchLibrary: You're invited! @Magnusmode fun, social event at Central on Thu w/ scavenger hunt #autism #learning bit.ly/1K6sb8W 11 hours ago
- Another great talk in the series, Under the Influence coming up! Join in as Dave Dyment shares his creative influences, Thu Jun 4, 7-8 pm 12 hours ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Mark your calendar for this Saturday and explore the Scotiabank Nuit Blanche contemporary art event in Toronto. KW|AG Executive Director Shirley Madill has been busy this week in preparation for the event. Shirley is one of three curators and has put … Continue reading
It was a busy day and an even busier evening at KW|AG Friday. In celebration of our Fall 2011 Exhibitions, The Limits and We All Fall Down we hosted an Opening Reception. KW|AG Executive Director Shirley Madill kicked off the … Continue reading
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery welcomed a new Director of Public Programming this month – Nicole Neufeld. Nicole joins KW|AG from the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art in Toronto where she was the Head of Membership and Development. Now that we’ve got her…here’s … Continue reading
As part of Culture Days (Sept. 30 – Oct. 2) the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is playing host to a group of photographers who make up Waterloo-based foto-RE. Foto-RE will be at the Gallery on Friday from 10am-8pm and Saturday from 10am-8pm. The … Continue reading
Back by popular demand the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery AfterpARTY … and what a party it will be. KW|AG has four FREE parties planned from November, 2011 through May 2012 for Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony goers. The first is Friday, November 4, 2011 … Continue reading
The Contemporary Art Forum Kitchener and Area’s (CAFKA) fall biennial program, CAFKA.11. Survive. Resist. runs September 16 through October 2, 2011. The exhibition focuses on art in public spaces and includes a number of area artists who have also exhibited … Continue reading
By Crystal Mowry, KW|AG’s Curator of Exhibitions and Collections These days it seems that you cannot turn around without coming across a biennial art event. In the Waterloo Region alone we have several such events. Our own KW|AG Biennial (which … Continue reading
Congratulations from KW|AG to Canadian artist Scott Conarroe, who has been awarded the prestigious Duke and Duchess of York Prize in Photography for 2011. Scott’s work will be familiar to KW|AG visitors. One of his photographic and video works was … Continue reading