- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- The Next Chapter: From Group of Seven to Painters 11
- Contemporary Art 101 – Aleesa Cohene talks about her process.
- Great Programs at KW|AG Ward off the Winter Blues.
- Creative Thinking Workshops at KW|AG
- Speed Networking at KW|AG – A Big Hit
- A Chat with Kate
- Coming to hear the choir at CITS tonight? Come early and visit the Gallery, open 'til curtain time. Free admission ow.ly/vU2jj 20 hours ago
- Not much is open today, but we are. Come get inspired by student art and Provisional Futrures. 10 am - 7:30 pm. ow.ly/vU23m 1 day ago
- Sketching from Life Thurs, May 15, 22 & 29, 7 – 9 pm $65 + HST/all 3 sessions. Sign up to make sketching part of your everyday life! 1 day ago
- Learn to set up your online Etsy Shop and reach a whole new audience for what you make! Sat May 10, 12-2 pm $15+HST ow.ly/vRKOw 1 day ago
- Add to the wall of inspiration with a sticky note telling us what inspires you! ow.ly/i/5gImk 2 days ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: November 2011
If you have any new babies in the family this holiday season, here’s one gift idea – handmade Binkie Quilts. These cute and cuddling blankets are perfect for newborns and toddlers alike and they are environmentally friendly. The quilts were one … Continue reading
Hundreds of thousands of Toronto and area residents, tourists, students and artists took in the 6th Annual Scotiabank Nuit Blanche last month. The all-night contemporary art event, held on October 1, saw the city decked out in large commissioned conceptual installations … Continue reading
KW|AG curator Crystal Mowry just arrived back from Grande Prairie, Alberta this weekend after travelling there to oversee the installation of A Nervous Decade, the Gallery’s touring exhibition of paintings by artist John Kissick. The trip coincided with some frosty … Continue reading
By Nicole Neufeld, Director of Public Programs This past Tuesday night, KW|AG hosted the November edition of the Girl Geeks KW Dinner with guest speaker Jen Jenson. Jen chatted with us about the ins and outs of girls and the … Continue reading
KW|AG held its first Teacher Kit Workshop of the school year this month. School Program Coordinator Kate Carder-Thomspon led the group in a basic drawing class. The Workshop was aimed at boosting the confidence of those teachers feeling reluctant … Continue reading
Canadians all across the country will take part in Remembrance Day ceremonies at civic centres, war memorials and other public spaces today. As we remember today the more than 100,000 Canadians who have died in military service, we are reminded … Continue reading
Welcome Tanya to the Gallery! She is an Early Childhood Education student at Conestoga College who is doing her placement with us. Tanya has been at the Gallery since September and is working with our School Programs Coordinator Kate to … Continue reading
Bill Slavin, illustrator of The Farm Team – the 2011 Let’s Read book choice, was at the Gallery last week to present a talk with some school groups from the region. For our latest entry, Bill also agreed to share … Continue reading
The Gallery’s annual Black & Gold Gala was a huge success. The event, which helps us raise money for exhibitions, public programming and other events at KW|AG was made possible in large part because of the generosity of our sponsors … Continue reading