- KW|AG’s Vaults
- Seniors in the Studio
- Youth Council’s Busy Year!
- Art and Wellness
- Happy National Volunteer Week!
- Seeing Both Sides
- Interesting connections between the art world and the work of corporate law.
- Show & Tell at KW|AG takes us back.
- The Next Chapter: From Group of Seven to Painters 11
- Contemporary Art 101 – Aleesa Cohene talks about her process.
- KW|AG has a full-time position available. Follow the link for the full job description and please share. ow.ly/zIz53 35 minutes ago
- The Hit the Streets campaign has 18 days left! And it will only take a few minutes to make your donation ow.ly/zACiL 1 hour ago
- Thank you to all the new contributors to KWAGs crowdfunding campaign. It's great to see the donation total climbing! ow.ly/zHKUS 2 hours ago
- @NewArtRadioKW Worth a trip to the Varley Art Gallery in Markham! 3 hours ago
- Do you know about the Explorer's Pass? $25+HST gets you into 12+ cultural venues over a 7 day period. Get yours here: ow.ly/zFIFp 3 hours ago
Categories101 @KW|AG Art Artist Talk Calls classes & workshops colab Community Contemporary Exhibitions Films for adults for kids For teens Gallery Gather at the Gallery Get hands on with art Guest blogger Interviews Kitchener Learning Lectures Music Openings Out there Party Perm Collection Things we like Uncategorized Waterloo Region
Monthly Archives: March 2012
By Nicole Neufeld, KW|AG Director of Public Programs The Gallery’s annual exhibition of student artwork from the Waterloo Region, Expressions 37, opened to the public on a beautiful and sunny Sunday (March 18). To celebrate, we hosted a reception for … Continue reading
Yvonne Zensner, owner of The Cake Box, is teaching a cupcake decorating class at the Gallery this coming weekend. The class sold out in record time, but we still managed to catch up with Yvonne and get a quick tip … Continue reading
The Gallery’s corridor has transformed with the new exhibition From There to Here, curated by University of Waterloo student Michael Goudreault. Michael is the fourth participant in our series of Community Curator projects that activate the Gallery’s Permanent Collection. He … Continue reading
The Gallery’s Art Escape March Break Camp is over for another year. The kids, art instructors and staff at KWAG all had a blast! Don’t believe us, check out the video below and then sign up for our Summer Art … Continue reading
When you think of thieves stealing priceless works of art, who comes to mind? “In the movies you see a grid of lasers and Catherine Zeta-Jones puts on a skin tight suit and somehow showing her butt helps get her … Continue reading
Artist educator and painter Karoline Varin-Jarkwoski has a busy week ahead of her as an instructor during the Gallery’s Art Escape March Break Camp. Karoline, who has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Waterloo and has … Continue reading
Photographer Geoffrey James, a former KW|AG exhibitor, is one of eight recipients of this year’s Governor General’s Awards in Visual and Media Arts. James was commissioned to create the Gallery’s second installment in our Parochial Views series in 2005. The … Continue reading
Kitchener is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year and is holding a contest at http://www.kitchener100.ca to fund events that celebrate Kitchener’s past, present and future. The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery has made the top 10 finalists with our project Building Blocks … Continue reading
By Emily Gove, KW|AG and KPL Community Programmer On a Tuesday evening last week, a group of local youth joined KW|AG for a free light graffiti workshop, skillfully led by Cameron Heights Collegiate students Margaret Gissing and Zaven Titizian. KW|AG’s self-illuminated … Continue reading